Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
Cooking method: roasting
- 12 giant shells
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 450 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 1 chopped onion
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced garlic
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) mascarpone
- 500 ml (2 cups) marinara sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped basil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chopped oregano
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated mozzarella
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F).
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the noodles al dente. Drain.
- In the same saucepan, heat olive oil on medium. Cook the ground veal, onion and garlic for 5 to 8 minutes while breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat has lost its pink tint.
- Add mascarpone and stir until melted.
- Incorporate the marinara sauce and the fine herbs. Bring to a boil.
- Set aside 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the meat sauce in a bowl.
- Stuff the shells with the remaining meat.
- Pour the reserved sauce into the bottom of a cooking dish. Place the shells in the dish. Top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Broil in oven on top rack for 2 to 3 minutes, at maximum heat setting (broil).