Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 12 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 24 minutes
Cooking method: roasting
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- In a frying pan, heat some olive oil on medium. Cook the ground veal for 4 to 5 minutes while separating with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the ground veal with the spinach dip.
- Fold each sheet of phyllo pastry in half lengthwise and fold again in two in order to obtain a long strip.
- At 2.5 cm (1 in.) from the end of each strip, place a small amount of veal stuffing. Fold one of the lower corners over the stuffing to form a triangle. Repeat the process by folding the triangle many times on itself to the end of the strip.
- Place the sheets on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Tips for obtaining nice phyllo sheets
To prevent the sheets from cracking, remove the pastry from the fridge at the very last minute and proceed quickly to prevent the pastry from drying. Other tip: place a humid cloth on the pastry to ensure it remains humid during preparation.