Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 13 minutes
Cooking method: simmering
- 450 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) plain breadcrumbs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) old-fashioned mustard
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped French shallots
- 1 egg
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped thyme (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) prepared demi-glace sauce
- 20 ml (4 tsp) honey
- In a bowl, blend the ground veal, breadcrumbs, 2 tsp of old-fashioned mustard, French shallots, egg, and, if desired, thyme. Salt and pepper.
- Make 16 meatballs of approximately 45 g (3 tbsp) each.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium. Brown the meatballs on all sides for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining mustard, demi-glace sauce and honey in the frying pan.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Mashed potatoes with rosemary and parmesan cheese
Place 3 to 4 medium peeled and diced potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with water and add salt. Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 20 minutes until tender. Drain. Mash with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of warm milk and 30 ml (2 tbsp) of melted butter. Add 80 ml (1/3 cup) of grated parmesan cheese and 5 ml (1 tsp) of chopped rosemary. Add salt and pepper and blend.