Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 10 ml (2 tsp) tex-mex spices
- Pepper sauce to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- Make grain-fed veal patties according to the size and shape of the bread to be used.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear veal meat on all sides and finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Continue cooking until meat is brown on the outside and is no longer pink on the inside (internal temperature of 79°C (174°F)).
- Serve in toasted pita bread split in two or in a tortilla.
Suggested topping: Sour cream, salsa, lettuce, peppers, diced tomatoes.
Note: We suggest letting the mix sit in the refrigerator. In doing so, the spices continue to develop their flavours to give the meat a sharper taste. You can let the meat sit in the refrigerator for a maximum of 24 hours.