Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Cayenne pepper (spicy) or 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) (medium spicy)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) oregano
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) crushed anise seeds
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- Make grain-fed veal patties according to the size and shape of the bread to be used (in this case, half-moon shape).
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear veal meat on both sides and finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Continue cooking until meat is brown on the outside and is no longer pink on the inside (internal temperature of 79°C (174°F)).
- Serve in a toasted naan bun folded in two.
Suggested topping: Mustard of your choice (Meaux, Dijon, etc). Serve with couscous salad.
Note: We suggest letting the mix sit in the refrigerator. In doing so, the spices continue to develop their flavours to give the meat a sharper taste. You can let the meat sit in the refrigerator for a maximum of 24 hours.