Type of cut: steaks and filets, chops
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 10 minutes
Marinating: 1 hour
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 4 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal T-bone steaks or loin chops, 300 g (2/3 lb) each
Shallot and red wine marinade
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) wine (red wine: aromatic and supple)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) French shallots finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Montreal steak spices
- Pepper to taste
- In a shallow dish, mix all the ingredients of the marinade. Place the grain-fed veal steaks in the marinade and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat barbecue on high.
- Sear the veal steaks on both sides.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when juices rise to the surface.
- Remove steaks from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes according to the size of the piece of meat. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve the grain-fed veal steaks with seasonal vegetables and quinoa.