Type of cut: steaks and filets, chops
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 10 minutes
Marinating: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Cooking: 30 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 4 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal T-bone steaks or loin chops, 300 g (2/3 lb) each
BBQ marinade (cooked)
- 796 ml (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) oil
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) BBQ chicken spices
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Cayenne pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground smoked paprika
- In a saucepan, mix all the marinade ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Let cool before marinating the meat.
- Place the grain-fed veal steaks in a shallow dish, pour marinade on top and marinate the steaks 30 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat barbecue on high.
- Sear the veal steaks on both sides.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when juices rise to the surface.
- Remove steaks from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes according to the size of the piece of meat. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve the grain-fed veal steaks with coleslaw and French fry wedges.