Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 2 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking method: braising
- 250 g (1/2 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cubes
- 50 ml (3 tbsp) butter or oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) veal stock or chicken broth
- Lettuce, vegetables, mushrooms and sprouts of your choice
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 175oC (350oF).
- In an enameled cast iron pan, on medium-high heat, brown the grain-fed veal cubes in the butter or oil. Salt and pepper to taste and then deglaze with veal stock.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes, until the meat gives away easily with pressure or the internal temperature reaches 90°C (195°F).
- Allow grain-fed veal cubes to cool and with a fork, shred the meat fibers.
- In a large bowl, mix all the salad ingredients, except the salad dressing.
- Divide the salad onto two plates, top with the shredded grain-fed veal and serve with a salad dressing.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Grain-Fed Veal.