Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 2 servings as main course – 4 servings as appetizer
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Cooking method: poacher
- 250 g (1/2 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) whole spinach
- 1 L (4 cups) watered down veal stock or chicken broth
- 10 gnocchis
- 1 carrot cut in sticks
- 20 Enoki mushroom stems or 4 Paris mushrooms finely sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) spinach cut in strips
- Fill pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a very light boil.
- With a food processor, mix the grain-fed veal, egg, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add spinach and mix to desired consistency.
- With two spoons, make quenelles and submerge them immediately in the simmering water for approximately 15 minutes to poach them and then set aside.
- In another pot, bring veal stock to a boil.
- Add quenelles, gnocchis, carrot sticks and mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Divide into bowls, add spinach strips and serve.
Recipe provided by Alain Fortier, chef and training consultant for Quebec Grain-Fed Veal.