Type of cut: cutlets
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
Cooking method: stir frying
- 4 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cutlets, 115 to 120 g (4 oz) each
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mandarin juice, freshly pressed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared concentrated demi-glace sauce
- Salt and pepper
Butter glazed mandarins
- The supremes of 4 mandarins
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- In a frying pan, heat oil on high and quickly brown the grain-fed veal cutlets on both sides. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the mandarin juice, add the white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add demi-glace sauce and let reduce to desired consistency.
- Adjust sauce seasoning and keep warm.
- To glaze the mandarin supremes, in a frying pan, melt butter and add sugar. Once sugar is melted, add the mandarin supremes, sauté quickly, set aside and keep warm.
- Place the grain-fed veal cutlets on warm plates, cover with sauce and top with glazed mandarins. Serve with pasta and vegetables of your choice.