Type of cut: roasts
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 6 hours
Cooking method: braising
- 900 g (2 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal blade roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil in sufficient quantity
- 2 French shallots, cut in pieces
- 341 ml (1 bottle) beer
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) veal stock
Preparation for slow cooker
- Set the slow cooker on “high”.
- Salt and pepper the grain-fed veal blade roast.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on high and brown roast and French shallots. Place them in the slow cooker.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the beer, and then add maple syrup and veal stock.
- Bring to a boil, and then pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for approximately 5 to 6 hours or until the meat gives away easily with pressure or the internal temperature reaches 90°C (195°F).
- Adjust seasoning as desired.
- At the end of cooking, remove roast from the slow cooker and cut in pieces. Serve with the cooking juices and cauliflower of various colours.