Type of cut: cutlets
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
Cooking method: grilling/BBQ
- 4 tenderized Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cutlets, 115 g (4 oz) each
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground cumin
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground coriander
- 7 ml (1/2 tbsp) mild paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 4 pita breads
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) cream cheese
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the spices mix.
- Baste the grain-fed veal cutlets with a dash of olive oil and sprinkle spices on all of the meat.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear the first side of the veal cutlets until the juices rise to the surface.
- Turn the cutlets over and cook until the juices rise once again to the surface (approximately one to two minutes per side according to the thickness of the scallops). The inner temperature of the meat will reach 64°C (147°F) and the meat will begin to shrink in volume.
- Remove cutlets from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and set aside for a few minutes and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the cutlets with chopped parsley.
- Roast the pita bread and open in two.
- Spread cream cheese on one of the sides, place the grain-fed veal cutlets on top and top with thin slices of zucchini and tomato. Close the pita bread and cut in half-moon shape.