Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 6 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 45 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking method: simmering
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb) cubes of Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 30 g (1 oz) salt pork
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 basket 227 g (8 oz) of mushrooms, quartered
- 1 can 398 ml (14 oz) of diced Italian tomatoes
- 12 pitted black olives
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Provençal herbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) minced parsley
- 250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- Place the cubes of grain-fed veal, olive oil, garlic, parsley and white wine in a bowl or freezer bag and marinate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cut the salt pork into small pieces and blanch for 1 minute in boiling water. Set aside.
- Arrange the cubes of grain-fed veal, the marinade, vegetables, black olives and salt pork in successive layers in the large casserole.
- Salt and pepper the layers. Add Provençal herbs and the bay leaf. Bring to the boil and cook in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Serve with purée of root vegetables and potatoes.