Type of cut: variety meats
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: chef
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: stir frying
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) whole green peppercorns
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 12 cherry tomatoes, in different colours, quartered
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- Olive oil
- 4 slices Quebec Grain-Fed Veal liver
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, snipped
- Whole green peppercorns
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) raspberry vinegar
- Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and sweat the garlic, green peppercorns and shallots. Deglaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar. Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes and basil. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet with a few drops of olive oil and cook the veal liver for 2 minutes each side over medium-high heat.
- Divide the liver among the serving plates, dust with the parsley and top with the green peppercorns and green onions. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the raspberry vinegar. Season and drizzle over the liver. Serve accompanied by the tomato salsa and a broccoli tabouleh.
Recipe provided by Julien Lahourde.