Type of cut: roasts
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: approx. 40 minutes, according to the thickness of the roast
Cooking method: roasting
- 1 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal roast, 500 to 600 g (1 lb to 1 1/4 lb)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 red pepper cut in strips
- 1/2 green pepper cut in strips
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole kernel corn
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) ground fresh coriander
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Season the grain-fed veal roast.
- Place the roast on a row of vegetables or on a grill in a roasting pan.
- Place in oven and cook until internal temperature reaches 64°C (147°F). The piece of meat will then begin to shrink in volume and the meat juices will appear on the surface.
- Turn the roast over halfway through cooking to obtain a uniform colour. Give between 20 and 30 minutes of cooking per inch of thickness according to the individual oven.
- Remove roast from the oven, cover lightly with aluminium foil, set aside and keep warm for approximately 15 minutes. The heat will spread and the inner temperature of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Meanwhile, in a bowl and using a whisk, mix all the dressing ingredients, except for the olive oil.
- Add olive oil in a thin stream and whisk vigorously.
- Cut the grain-fed veal roast in strips, add dressing, vegetables and coriander and fold carefully.
- Serve immediately on leaves of lettuce or on warm tortillas.