Type of cut: skirt steaks (bavettes)
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 5 minutes
Marinating: 24 hours
Cooking: 5 minutes
Cooking method: grilling/BBQ
- In a shallow dish, mix all the marinade ingredients. Place the grain-fed veal skirt steaks in the marinade and marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear the first side of the veal skirt steaks until the juices rise to the surface.
- Turn the skirt steaks over and cook until the juices rises once again to the surface. Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume.
- Remove the skirt steaks from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil, let sit a few minutes and keep warm.
- Slice the skirt steaks against the grain. Place the slices on plates, top with veal stock previously heated and serve with roasted vegetables.