Type of cut: sliced
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: chef
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Cooking method: sautéing
- 454 g (1 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal, cut into strips
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 4 clementine oranges, peeled and quartered
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) bean sprouts
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into julienne
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into julienne
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) canola oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) blanched almonds
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) rice vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) hoisin sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- To make the sauce, toast the almonds in a skillet, then deglaze the pan with the rice vinegar. Add the remaining sauce and caramelize the mixture, just until it makes large bubbles, about 20 minutes.
- In another large skillet, sear the veal strips in olive oil over high heat, making sure that the meat is still quite pink in the middle. Remove the strips and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put all the salad in a large bowl and mix well. Divide the salad among 4 serving plates.
- Add the veal strips to the sweet-and-sour sauce, turning to coat them with the sauce, then divide the strips into equal portions and serve over the salad.
Recipe provided by Yan Garzon.