Type of cut: cutlets
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: chef
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: stir frying
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil in a skillet, sweat the leek and add pepper to taste. Add the cheese and mix well.
- Flatten the veal cutlets on a cutting board. Spoon some of the leak mixture in the centre of each cutlet then roll and tie the paupiettes. If necessary, fasten them with a tooth-pick.
- Heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil in a skillet and brown the paupiettes. Transfer to a baking dish and cook in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of pasta with a tomato sauce of your choice, accompanied by steamed asparagus.
Note: milder cheeses may be substituted, such as Le Douanier de Fritz Kaiser, or Mamirolle.
Recipe provided by François Pellerin.