Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 45 minutes
Cooking method: braising
- 600 g (1 1/4 lb) stewing Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cubes
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 Cortland apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 110 g (1/4 lb) crumbled blue cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable juice
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) veal stock or beef stock
- 3 parsnips, finely diced
- 1 yellow beet, finely diced
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat oil and sear veal cubes in small quantities to avoid boiling the meat. Add diced apple and onion. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Incorporate the wine, cheese, vegetable juice and veal stock. Cover and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Boil the vegetables for approximately 5 minutes. Drain and sweat in olive oil for approximately 3 minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Place the meat on a serving platter and accompany with diced vegetables.
Recipe provided by Luc Boissy.