Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: chef
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 50 minutes
Cooking method: roasting
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 large knobs of butter
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 cup green lentils, cooked
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 454 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large zucchini, cut into thin slices on the diagonal
- 225 g (1/2 lb) Le Moine cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and cook them in boiling salted water. Drain the potatoes and purée with the butter and milk. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and brown the fennel. Add the cooked lentils and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil and add the shallots. Add the grain-fed veal and turmeric and sauté the mixture. Season to taste.
- Put the ground veal mixture in an ovenproof dish, add the lentil mixture, then the sliced zucchini. Top with the sweet potato purée and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated Le Moine cheese, if desired, and brown in the oven. Place the dish in the centre of the table and serve.
Recipe provided by Patrick Vesnoc.