Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: chef
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 10 minutes
Cooking method: simmering
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 454 g (1 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cubes for stew
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) red wine
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chicken bouillon
- 2 – 3 sprigs, fresh sage snipped
- 113 g (1/4 lb) whole shiitake mushrooms
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 12 whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a casserole, heat the olive oil, cook the onions until opaque then add and the veal cubes and brown. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the squash, and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the spaghetti squash in half, brush with olive oil and bake in the oven until tender, about 1 hour.
- Cut the spaghetti squash into 4 thick slices, place a slice on each plate and top with a serving of stew.
- Serve accompanied by mushrooms sautéed in butter and thin slices of naan bread.
Recipe provided by Mario Julien.