Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
Cooking method: roasting
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 4 coloured peppers, cut in half length-wise with the seeds removed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) bread crumbs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) dried tomatoes, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) pine nuts, grilled
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) pesto
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100 g (1 cup) ground mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Oil a 23 x 33 cm (9 x 13 in) baking dish.
- Brush the pepper halves with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly mix together the meat, onion, bread crumbs, dried tomatoes, pine nuts, pesto, salt, pepper and mozzarella cheese.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture.
- Cook the stuffed peppers in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with mesclun salad.