Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Cooking method: grilling
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2)
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) pesto
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 wheat tortillas 23 cm (9 in) in diameter or 2 pitas opened up
- 4 Italian tomatoes, sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh mushrooms, minced
- 125 g (4 oz) goat cheese, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a large nonstick frying pan, brown the ground grain-fed veal in olive oil at moderately high heat for 4 to 5 minutes until the meat is well cooked. Add the red onion and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, mix the pesto and olive oil together.
- Lay out the tortillas on a baking sheet, and with the back of a spoon spread the pesto mixture over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cooked meat over the tortillas and garnish with the tomato slices, mushrooms, cheese, and some freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is nicely browned.