Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 8 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour
Cooking method: roasting
- 1 kg (2 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 3 slices of stale bread
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 227 g (8 oz) basket of sliced mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) parsley, minced
- 125 g (4 oz) feta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dried oregano or basil
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) black Kalamata olives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl, rip the stale bread into pieces and pour milk over the bread. Soak the bread in the milk for 10 minutes.
- In a nonstick frying pan, brown the mushrooms in olive oil at high heat for 5 minutes or until the mushroom juices have completely evaporated. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss all the ingredients into the bowl with the bread and mix well.
- Turn the grain-fed veal mixture into the 9 x 5 1/4 inch oiled loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes or until the internal temperature of the loaf reaches 75°C (165°F).
- Unmould the loaf and serve with chopped fresh tomatoes and herbs.