Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: chef
Preparation: 30 minutes
Marinating: 4 hours
Cooking: 8 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 450 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 3 slices of white bread, without crusts, shredded
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 125 g (1/4 lb) blue or brie cheese, divided into 4 balls
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) peanut oil
- 8 slices of black or rye bread
- A pinch of salt and of pepper
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the cheese, the oil and the slices of black bread. Let sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Make 4 balls, with the cheese hidden in their centers.
- On the barbecue, sear the balls over high heat for 1 minute on each side, then continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes over low heat.
- Toast the bread and insert the meat between 2 slices of toasted bread.
- Garnish your burger to taste.