Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
Cooking method: roasting
- 12 cannelloni
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 1 egg
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley
- 150 g (5 oz) herb seasoned fresh goat cheese
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground fresh oregano
- 5 ml (1 tsp) green peppercorn
- Salt to taste
- 750 ml (3 cups) tomato sauce of your choice
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients and place in a pastry bag fitted with an appropriate sized tip for the cannelloni. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cook the cannelloni according to the instructions on the package, let cool and set aside. Alternatively, use cannelloni with no precooking requirements.
- With the pastry bag, stuff the cannelloni with the meat and cheese mixture.
- Place the stuffed cannelloni in a lightly buttered gratin dish.
- Cover with tomato sauce and cook in the oven at 175°C (350°F) for approximately 20 minutes.
- If you are using cannelloni not requiring precooking, cover tightly with aluminium foil and cook for 30 minutes. Uncover and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Variation: sprinkle with goat cheddar or grated medium cheddar and broil until the cheese is melted.