Type of cut: ground veal
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: chef
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: grilling
- 454 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Grain-Fed Veal
- 1 Egg
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Grilled sesame oil
- 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) Cayenne pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Fresh coriander, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Fresh ginger, chopped
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Salt
- 1.25 g (1/4 tsp) Pepper
- 4 8-inch Wooden skewers soaked in water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Hoisin sauce
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Sambal oelek or hot chilli sauce
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Rice vinegar
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Water
Variation: Rice may also be used as a side dish.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the brochettes together. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion around a wooden skewer. Place skewers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- For the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Brush each brochette with the sauce and bake for about 10 minutes. Turn after 5 minutes. Brush brochettes with sauce again. The internal temperature of the meat should reach 79°C (174°F).
Recipe provided by Denise Cornellier.