Type of cut: roasts
Yield: 6 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 3 hours
Cooking method: roasting
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal sirloin tip roast
- 12 shallots, peeled, or 250 ml (1 cup) pearl onions
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 10 ml (2 tsp) dried thyme
- 3 whole cloves
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened apple juice
- 450 g (3 cups) seedless green grapes
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Lay the sirloin tip roast in a large casserole with the shallots. Coat with olive oil. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Add the thyme, cloves and unsweetened apple juice. Cover.
- Cook for about 2 hours. Toss in the grapes and continue cooking for 1 hour or until the meat shreds easily.
- Remove the meat and let rest for 15 minutes. Remove the string and separate the roast into shreds.
- Arrange the meat on halves of crookneck squash that have been oiled, seasoned with salt and pepper and baked for 45 minutes to 1 hour in the oven at 160°C (325°F). Garnish with the shallots and grapes and pour the bouillon over the meat.