Type of cut: roasts
Yield: 6 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 2 hours
Cooking method: grilling/BBQ
- 1 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal rib roast, 1.5 kg (3 lb)
- 2 medium onions cut in thick slices
- 4 Italian tomatoes cut in thick slices
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) red wine
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Dijon mustard
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) black olives
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Provence herbs
- Preheat barbecue at 150-175°C (300-350°F).
- On the barbecue grill, if you want to have a “grilled” taste, sear all sides of the grain-fed veal roast.
- In the middle of a double sheet of aluminium foil or parchment paper, spread the onions and tomatoes.
- Place the veal roast on the vegetables, then salt and pepper.
- Lift up the sides of the aluminium foil, pour the wine on the roast, add the other ingredients and close into a papillote.
- Place the papillote on the upper grill of the barbecue. Do not turn the papillote during cooking.
- Cook until the meat gives away easily with pressure or the internal temperature reaches 90°C (195°F)*, approximately 2 hours.
- Remove the papillote from the barbecue and let sit 10 to 15 minutes, according to the size of the roast, so that the juices are evenly distributed.
- Slice the grain-fed veal roast and serve with dishes of your choice.
* You can calculate approximately 1 hour per inch of thickness of the meat at 175°C (350°F) for the internal temperature to reach 90°C (195°F) in the middle or for the meat to give away easily with pressure.