Type of cut: roasts
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking method: braising
- 1 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal blade roast, 800 to 1 kg (1 3/4 lb to 2 lb)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly chopped
- Butter or oil in sufficient quantity
- 1 bag of small carrots
- 250 ml (1 cup) dry cider
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tray of mushrooms cut in 4
- Salt, pepper and oregano to taste
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- In a frying pan, on high, heat butter or oil and sear the grain-fed veal with the onion and garlic until slightly brown.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan on a row of carrots, and then season to taste.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the cider and pour the liquid in the roasting pan.
- Cover and cook in the oven until the meat gives away easily with pressure or the internal temperature reaches 90°C (195°F).
- Thirty minutes before the end of cooking, add the green pepper and mushrooms.
- Remove the meat from the oven, cover lightly with aluminium foil and set aside for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: run the cooking juices through a strainer, season and thicken to taste.
- Serve with pasta.