Type of cut: roasts
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Marinating: 2 hours
Cooking: 15 minutes
Cooking method: grilling/BBQ
- 500 g (1 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal strip loin roast completely trimmed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) barbecue sauce
- 4 leaves of Boston lettuce or leaf lettuce
- 3 dill pickles cut in slices
- 4 thin slices of red onion
- 4 small Panini bread
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) soya sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lime juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Ground pepper
- In a dish, mix all the marinade ingredients.
- Place the grain-fed veal strip loin roast in the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear all sides of the grain-fed veal roast.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when juices rise to the surface.
- Remove roast from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes according to the size of the piece of meat. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Cut the Panini bread in half lengthwise and grill on the barbecue.
- Spread mayonnaise and barbecue sauce on the bread.
- Cut the roast in thin slices and place on the bread. Top with lettuce, pickles and red onion.