Type of cut: steaks and filets
Yield: 2 servings
Degree of difficulty: chef
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Cooking method: stir frying
Morel Cream Sauce
- 500 ml (2 cups) 15% cream
- 30 g (1 oz) dried morel mushrooms
- 200 g (7 oz) fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 stems of chives, minced
- Butter and oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices of foie gras, 60 g (2 oz)
- 2 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal tenderloins
- In a saucepan, reduce the cream by half. Soak the mushrooms in warm water. Remove any residues of soil. Once the mushrooms have plumped up, cut them into rounds and sauté 1 minute in a skillet with a knob of butter. Pour the mushrooms into the cream and continue reducing the liquid over low heat. Season lightly.
- Cook the fresh tagliatelle (short cooking time is recommended). Drain and place in salad bowl tossing with virgin olive oil and the minced chives.
- Cook the foie gras slices in a very hot skillet and reserve. Heat butter and oil (2/3 butter, 1/3 oil) in a skillet and cook the 2 grain-fed veal tenderloins to your preferred level of doneness.
- Place the meat in the center of serving plates, set the pan-roasted foie gras on top of the tenderloins and spoon the pasta and morel cream sauce around the meat.
Recipe provided by Jérôme Ferrer.