Type of cut: cutlets
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 20 minutes
Marinating: 2 hours
Cooking: 5 minutes
Cooking method: grilling/BBQ
- 500 g (1 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal strips or 4 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cutlets, 120 g (4 oz) each, cut in 3 strips
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) peanut oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) soya sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced ginger
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) peanut butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) prepared concentrated veal stock or chicken broth
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soya sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Put the grain-fed veal strips in a serpentine on wooden skewers.
- Place the skewers in a shallow dish and pour the reserved marinade on the skewers, making sure to coat the meat with the marinade.
- Cover and marinate for approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a double boiler, using a whip, mix all peanut sauce ingredients.
- If necessary, adjust the consistency of the sauce with some chicken broth.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Remove the grain-fed veal skewers from the marinade and drain.
- Sear the first side of the skewers until the juices rise to the surface.
- Turn the skewers over and cook until the juices rise once again to the surface (approximately 2 minutes per side). The inner temperature of the meat will reach 64°C (147°F) and the meat will begin to shrink in volume.
- Remove skewers from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and set aside for a few minutes and keep warm.
- Serve the skewers with the peanut sauce. Serve with a Chinese cabbage salad, apples and cucumbers.