Type of cut: cutlets
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: chef
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: stir frying
- 4 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cutlets
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped (reserve 1/4 for decoration)
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) chopped capers (reserve 1/4 for decoration)
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) pitted, chopped black olives
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) finely chopped shallots
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) finely chopped capers
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) pitted, finely chopped black olives
- Chives, snipped
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Flatten the cutlets on a cutting board. Spoon some chopped eggs, capers, black olives and 6 sprigs of chives in the centre of each cutlet. Reserve the remaining chives for the cold sauce. Roll and tie the cutlets.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and sear the rolls on all sides for about 2 minutes, then season to taste. Transfer to a baking dish and cook in the oven for about 4 minutes, making sure that the meat is still pink in the middle. Set aside and keep warm.
- To prepare the sauce, quarter the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Add the shallots, capers, chopped black olives and chives, then stir in the olive oil. Season to taste.
- Remove the string from the meat, cut into thin slices and place on serving plates.
- For the decoration, prepare the lemon supreme and divide among the plates. Add the reserved chopped eggs and capers. This dish may be served hot or cold.
Recipe provided by Julien Lahourde.