Type of cut: cutlets
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: average
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- To prepare the roll, spread two slices of prosciutto on a wooden board.
- Place a cutlet on the prosciutto. Baste with a small quantity of Dijon mustard. Cover with a slice of cheese and top with sage leaves. Season with pepper, to taste.
- Roll gently and seal with toothpicks.
- Repeat the process for the other cutlets. Set the rolls aside on a serving platter.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear the grain-fed veal rolls on all sides.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the internal temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when juices rise to the surface.
- Remove the veal rolls from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes according to the size of the piece of meat. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve the grain-fed veal rolls sliced with buttered beans and ratatouille.