Type of cut: cutlets
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
Cooking method: stir frying
- Crush the cloves of garlic using the flat side of a knife blade and mix with a pinch of salt to form a garlic paste.
- Spread the paste on one side of 4 of the cutlets. Place 3 sage leaves on each cutlet covered with garlic paste. Garnish with the prosciutto and close into a “sandwich” with the remaining 4 grain-fed veal cutlets. Secure together with tooth-picks as needed.
- In a no-stick frying pan, heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) of olive oil on high heat. Pepper the cutlets and, 2 at a time, sear each side for 1 minute turning only once. Remove the cutlets from the frying pan and keep warm on serving plates.
- Deglaze the pan with the unsweetened apple juice and stir the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to mix in the juices from the meat. Let stand to reduce for 2 minutes and then pour over the cutlets.
- Serve with a roquette and pear salad.