Type of cut: cutlets
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Marinating: 5 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
Cooking method: grilling/BBQ
- 4 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cutlets, 150 g (5 oz) each
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) soya sauce
- Juice and zest from a lime
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sambal oelek or pepper sauce or crushed peppers
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 Italian tomato seeded and diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) red onions diced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) ground fresh coriander
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lime juice
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a shallow bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients.
- Place the grain-fed veal cutlets in the marinade and let marinate for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear the first side of the veal cutlets until the juices rise to the surface.
- Turn the cutlets over and cook until the juices rise once again to the surface, approximately 2 minutes per side according to the thickness of the cutlets. The inner temperature of the meat will reach 64°C (147°F) and the meat will begin to shrink in volume.
- Remove cutlets from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and set aside for a few minutes and keep warm.
- Serve the grain-fed veal cutlets on warm plates and top with mango salsa.