Type of cut: cutlets
Yield: 6 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: sautéing
- 6 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cutlets, 150 g (5 oz) each
- Olive oil in sufficient quantity
Artichoke and asparagus stir-fry
- 2 cans 400 ml (14 oz) artichoke hearts cut in quarters
- 1 red onion cut in very thin pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 24 very fine green asparagus, blanched 2 minutes
- Zest of a lemon, blanched 2 minutes
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) Limoncello
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared concentrated veal stock
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- Salt and pepper
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) crushed Italian parsley
- Grated Regianno parmesan
- In a frying pan, on medium-high, heat olive oil. Add artichoke hearts and onions and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, asparagus and lemon zest, continue cooking for 5 minutes and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil on high and quickly sear the grain-fed veal cutlets on each side.
- Remove from the frying pan and keep warm.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the Limoncello to recuperate the meat juices.
- Add veal stock and cream and simmer until desired consistency.* Salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the grain-fed veal cutlets with sauce and serve with the artichokes and asparagus. Top with Italian parsley and grated Regianno parmesan. Serve with pasta seasoned with olive oil and fresh oregano.
* Note for the sauce: for a creamier sauce, whisk in butter (at the end of cooking, remove the pan from heat, add a knob of butter, mix well and serve).