Type of cut: sliced
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Cooking method: stir frying and sautéing
- 500 g (1 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal stir-fry strips or cutlets cut in strips
- 4 portions of pre-cooked rigatoni
- Salt and pepper
- Butter or oil in sufficient quantity (for cooking)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) crushed peppers
- 1 can (540 ml/19 oz) chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (398 ml/14 oz) artichokes, drained and cut in 4
- 250 ml (1 cup) cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh mint, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) parsley, chopped
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Season the grain-fed veal strips
- In a frying pan, on high, heat butter or oil.
- When the butter is no longer sizzling or when the oil is starting to separate, brown the veal strips on one side a small quantity at a time.
- As soon as the juices rise to the surface, turn the meat over.
- As soon as the juices rise once again to the surface, remove meat and set aside.
- Repeat these steps until all the meat is cooked.
- In the same frying pan, starting with the onion and garlic, sauté all the topping ingredients in butter or oil.
- Add grain-fed veal strips and pasta to the topping to heat them through, and serve.