Type of cut: sliced
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Cooking method: stir frying and sautéing
- 500 g (1 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal stir-fry strips or cutlets cut in strips
- Butter or oil in sufficient quantity
- Water in sufficient quantity
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) demi-glace sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh ginger cut in thin slices
- Suggested vegetables: celery, carrots, red peppers, pattypan squash, broccoli florets, thinly sliced leeks, bean sprouts.
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) oyster sauce
- In a wok or frying pan, heat butter or oil on high and quickly brown a small quantity of strips.
- Remove the strips for the frying pan and keep warm.
- After cooking each batch of strips, deglaze the frying pan with water and set aside the meat juices to make the sauce.
- Repeat these steps until all strips are cooked.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix the cooking juices and demi-glace sauce.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to desired consistency.
- Incorporate the veal strips and keep warm.
- In the same frying pan used to cook the strips, sauté the ginger and vegetables.
- At the end of cooking, add oyster sauce and mix well.
- Incorporate the meat and its vegetable sauté sauce, mix well and serve immediately.