Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: average
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking method: simmering
- 600 g (1 1/4 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cubes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cup) water
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) blond beer
- 75 g (2 1/2 oz) kneaded butter and flour mixture (1/2 flour, 1/2 butter)
- The cooking broth
- 1 egg yellow
- 20 ml (4 tsp) 35% cream
- Salt and pepper
On the side
- 12 small white onions
- 4 portions of linguini
- Preheat oven to 190˚C (375˚F).
- Place grain-fed veal cubes in a saucepan.
- Trim and clean vegetables.
- Add the coarsely chopped vegetables, water and beer to the veal cubes.
- Bring to boil. Skim.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the broth, and keep veal cubes warm.
- Add kneaded butter and flour mixture to the broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the egg yellow with the cream. Add to broth away from heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce through strainer and over veal cubes.
- Decorate with onions and vegetables of your choice.