Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Marinating: 4 hours
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 16 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cubes cut from the leg
- 12 cubes of halloumi cheese
- 8 mushroom heads
- 12 pieces of red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) olive oil
- 2 sprigs of thyme (or the equivalent in powder)
- 2 laurel leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of tarragon
- In a shallow rectangular dish, mix all the marinade ingredients.
- Place the grain-fed veal cubes on wooden skewers, alternating between the cheese, mushrooms and red peppers.
- Place the brochettes in the dish, making sure to coat them with the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for approximately 4 hours.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear all sides of the grain-fed veal brochettes.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the internal temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when meat juices rise to the surface.
- Remove the brochettes from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve on a bed of couscous and a salad.