Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 30 minutes
Marinating: 2 hours
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 675 g (1 1/2 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cubes (16 pieces)
- 1 1/2 zucchini cut in thick slices (12 pieces)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) apricot jam
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) peanut oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soya sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) jalapeno pepper (1)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) grated ginger
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- In a deep glass bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients.
- Place the grain-fed veal cubes in the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place the veal cubes on skewers, alternating between the zucchini slices and cherry tomatoes.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear all sides of the veal brochettes.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when meat juices rise to the surface.
- Remove the brochettes from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve with an orzo salad with feta cheese and roasted vegetables.