Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 4 brochettes
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 30 minutes
Marinating: 1 to 2 hours
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 675 g (1 1/2 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal brochette cubes (16 pieces)
- 1 red pepper cut into large pieces (12 pieces)
- 4 green onions cut in pieces (2 in.)
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) peanut oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) salted herbs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lime juice
- Place the grain-fed veal cubes on the wooden skewers, alternating with the vegetables and set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a shallow dish, mix all marinade ingredients.
- Place the skewers in the dish, making sure to cover them with marinade.
- Marinate 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear all sides of the grain-fed veal brochettes.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when meat juices rise to the surface.
- Remove brochettes from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve with a beet and carrot salad.