Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 30 minutes
Marinating: 4 hours
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 675 g (1 1/2 lb) Quebec Grain-Fed Veal cubes
- 1 zucchini cut in thick slices
- Cherry tomatoes
Sweet marinade with anise and ginger
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) anise seeds
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) dry mustard
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) brown sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cider vinegar
- Ground pepper
- In a bowl, place the first five marinade ingredients, then crush them with a pestle (to combine the flavours and break the anise seeds).
- Incorporate lemon juice, oil and cider vinegar while mixing.
- Season with pepper to taste and set aside.
- Place the grain-fed veal cubes in a deep glass bowl.
- Soak the veal cubes with the marinade, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Place the veal cubes on skewers, alternating between the zucchini slices and cherry tomatoes.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear all sides of the veal brochettes.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when meat juices rise to the surface.
- Remove the brochettes from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve with roasted potato wedges and a tomato salad.