Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 35 minutes
Marinating: 1 hour
Cooking: 12 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 500 g (1 lb) cubes of Quebec Grain-Fed Veal (16 to 20 cubes)
- 16 fine slices of pancetta
- 1 red onion, cut into large squares
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Provençal herbs
- 10 ml (2 tsp) crushed fennel seed
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the marinade ingredients together and toss in the cubes of veal. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Soak 8 wood skewers in water and preheat the BBQ or turn the oven onto Broil.
- Wrap the pancetta around the veal cubes. Season with pepper.
- Thread the meat onto the skewers, alternating with the pieces of red onion. Place one cherry tomato at each end.
- Grill the brochettes on the BBQ or on the upper rack of the oven 10 cm (4 in) from the upper element, for 10 to 12 minutes, turning a few times.
- Serve immediately with a roquette salad.