Type of cut: cubes
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 30 minutes
Marinating: 1 hour
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: BBQ
- 500 g (1 lb) cubes of Quebec Grain-Fed Veal (16 to 20 cubes)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 10 ml (2 tsp) dried oregano
- In a small bowl, mix the marinade ingredients together, then add the cubes of grain-fed veal. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water. Preheat the BBQ or turn the oven on to broil.
- Thread the cubes of veal onto the skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the brochettes for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing them with the marinade.
- Serve with tzatziki* sauce and a Greek salad made of tomato and cucumber slices, olives and feta cheese, topped with olive oil and lemon juice and a sprinkling of dried oregano.
*Tzatziki is a sauce made with yoghurt, cucumber, mint and garlic.