Type of cut: chops
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: grilling/BBQ
- 4 chops of rack of Quebec Grain-Fed Veal, 350 g (11 oz) each
- 60 g (2 oz) ground almonds
- 5 ml (1 tsp) paprika
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) horseradish
- 170 ml (6 oz) plain yogurt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- In another bowl, mix the almonds, paprika, salt and pepper and coat each side of the grain-fed veal chops with the mix.
- Sear both sides of the veal chops.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when juices rise to the surface.
- Remove chops from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes according to the size of the piece of meat. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve the grain-fed veal chops with the horseradish sauce and a salad of your choice.