Type of cut: chops, steaks and filets
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 10 minutes
Marinating: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Cooking: 5 minutes
Cooking method: grilling/BBQ
- 4 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal T-bone steaks or loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) canola oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 10 small sprigs of thyme, 10 cm (4 in.) long
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- A few drops of Sriracha Asian pepper sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Montreal steak spices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients.
- Place the grain-fed veal chops in a shallow dish, cover with the marinade and marinate the chops for an hour in the refrigerator and 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat barbecue on medium-high.
- Quickly sear both sides of the grain-fed veal chops and finish cooking on the upper grill or on low heat, until the inner temperature of the meat reaches 66°C (150°F) or when juices rise to the surface and the meat begins to shrink in volume. Cooking time may vary according to the thickness of the chops.
- Let sit for a few minutes and serve.