Type of cut: chops
Yield: 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Cooking method: grilling/BBQ
- 4 chops of Quebec Grain-Fed Veal, 300 g (10 oz) each
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Side dishes – Southern flavours
- Roasted red peppers
- Roasted zucchinis
- Commercial basil pesto
- Commercial red pepper purée
- Commercial balsamic vinegar reduction
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme (for garnish)
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Baste grain-fed veal chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear both sides of the veal chops.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when juices rise to the surface.
- Remove veal chops from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes according to the size of the piece of meat. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve grain-fed veal chops on warm plates, baste with basil pesto, red pepper purée and balsamic vinegar reduction and garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme. Serve with roasted vegetables (peppers and zucchinis) and mashed potatoes.